This complete 60W 12V folding solar charging kit includes:
- High efficiency 30W + 30W folding monocrystalline solar panels
- Advanced fully automated 10A solar charge controller with enhanced protection functions
- Adjustable aluminium stand, handle and latches
- 5m cable with a battery plug and a fuse
- Battery crocodile clips for ease of connection
- Storage / protective case
- Installation manual
This solar kit has several important features which make it a truly unique, premium quality product:
- It is completely waterproof, including the solar charge controller fitted on the back (genuine IP67-waterproof solar controller), which means it is suitable for all weather conditions
- The high efficiency 30W + 30W folding monocrystalline solar panels are made of high quality German solar cells
- The protective bag is not just a dust cover - it is a sturdy protective case made with a layer of foam which prevents accidental damage to the frame and glass
- The advanced, fully automated 10A solar charge controller provides complete overcharge protection and supports several battery types with different charging parameters for maximum efficiency (sealed, gel, flooded batteries)
At Greengoods4U we always ensure that our products are of the highest quality. This is why we have selected premium German solar cells for use in this solar panel. These high-efficiency solar cells perform exceptionally well in low light conditions (particularly when compared to solar cells of other origin) and they produce a good amount of power simply in daylight, even when direct sunlight is not available.
This high quality, waterproof 60W folding solar kit is designed to provide free power for charging 12V batteries, for example in vehicles and boats (motorhome, caravan, camper, narrow boat, yacht etc.) or any other systems with a 12V battery or battery bank. It comes with everything required for battery charging: an advanced 10A 12V solar charge controller, and 5m cable with a battery plug, fuse and crocodile clips. You can start using the kit immediately - simply connect it to your battery and find a well-lit area for the folding solar panels.
The kit comes with a stand which is very easy to set up and adjust. A handle and latches ensure ease of storage and portability. The storage case included with the kit is made with a layer of foam, which will completely protect the glass and the frame and prevent any accidental damages. In addition, the corners of solar panels are protected by plastic which reduces the risk of damage and adds to the aesthetically pleasing design.
The 10A waterproof solar charge controller included with the kit will protect your battery from over-charging (it controls the state of charge of your battery every second). The controller has many other protection functions, such as stopping reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel), incorrect polarity and short circuit protection. Controller uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology which increases charge acceptance and prolongs the life of your battery. PWM technology can also recover some lost battery capacity.
In addition, the solar charge controller has a very high degree of water protection - IP67 (which means it's completely sealed), so it is absolutely safe to use this solar kit in all weather conditions.
The kit is suitable for sealed, gel and flooded 12V batteries: the solar charge controller allows battery type selection for maximum efficiency of charging.
Solar panel specifications:
- - Peak power: 60W
- - Maximum power voltage: 17.5V
- - Maximum power current: 3.4A (2 x 1.7A)
- - Open circuit voltage: 21.6V
- - Short circuit current: 3.6A ( 2 x 1.8A)
- - Power allowance: +/- 3%
- - Dimensions: 35 x 65 x 6cm (folded)
- - Weight: 7.5kg